1.20.2005

Phil 1001-01

I think I'm going to start using the BJ Happy hour to record some philosophy types of stuff which I'm thinking and writing. So, this is the first in the series, here we go.

Opposites of Existance.

It is not possible for something to be whatever it is without something that is not what it is. You cannot be hungry if you cannot be not hungry. If we were always hungry, it would just be the state we are, it wouldn't be hunger. There cannot be dark without light. There cannot be heaven without hell. There cannot be our plane of existance without a plane of existance that is not ours. There cannot be self without others.

Socrates states that "I think therefore I am." This makes sence, and establishes a self. For us to have a sence of "self" there must be something that is not our self. That is any other conciousness or precence that is not us.

You know what...I"m gonna come back to this later. The other day when I was laying in bed, and sitting in classes, I really worked out all this theory, and knew where I was going with it, but I seemed to have lost it for the moment. I will have to revisit it later, and first start by better proving the point that nothing can exist without something existing that is not it, or is it's opposition.

J

No comments: